Maison Trudel has a long-standing family tradition which builds on commitment and passion dating back five generations. The business was founded in 1880 in Saint-Jérôme by Joseph Trudel. One hundred and forty years strong, the company’s human approach extends counsel, support, respect, a listening ear and trust to each customer.
In 1955, Arthur, son of Hervé Trudel, takes over the business after having worked there since the age of 17. With his diploma from the Institut de thanatologie du Québec in hand, he purchases in 1959 the “Maison Nantel”, a heritage building, where he sets up the business. In 1978, Michel and Arthur Trudel undertake the expansion and renovation of the building while maintaining its original architectural charm. Maison Funéraire Trudel stands today as a welcoming, well-kept heritage building infused with history and character.
In 1928, Hervé, son of founder Joseph Trudel, permanently establishes the funeral home and makes it his main occupation. His business owns the first hearse in Saint-Jérôme and offers the region’s very first ambulance service. Eager entrepreneur, Hervé also opens a home in Mont-Laurier in 1952 and in Saint-Sauveur in 1954.